Who We Are
Jeremy Albright Dewain Clemson
CBSM Student Pastor Associate Student Pastor - Jr High
CBSM is the Student Ministry of Central Baptist Church in Decatur, AL. It is our vision is to be unified with One voice and One Purpose. Our main goal is to guide and equip students to become godly young men & women. The “CBSM LOGO” is a “1” because we value living in unity (as 1). In Romans 15:5-7, God compels us to have a “spirit of unity”, one heart & mouth, and accept one another - all to bring Glory to Him. We achieve this goal by Encountering God, Engaging Others, and Embracing the World.
CBSM Student Pastor
What We Do:
- ENCOUNTER God = UNITE (Wednesday Night Service)
- en-coun-ter (noun): an unexpected or casual meeting with someone or something
- “God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.” 1 John 4:9-10 (NLT)
- ENGAGE Others = LifeGroups (Small Groups)
- en-gage (verb): participate or become involved in
- “We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too”. 1 Thessalonians 2:8 (NLT)
- EMBRACE The World = Ministries/Outreach
- em-brace (verb): accept or support willingly and enthusiastically
- “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20 (NLT)
Why We Believe:
Many people wonder - “why believe in God at all…what difference would it make in my life?”. We understand the question. How can you really know and trust a God you can’t actually see? But we believe you can.
God’s Word tells us that He created - us and all that we experience in our daily lives (Genesis 1). He cared enough to make us “in His image”. However, we are all still human and make mistakes every day. We are also sinful people (who make choices that do not bring glory to God - Romans 3:23). We were made to be in relationship (fellowship) with our Creator.
But, to be in a right relationship with a perfect God, there must be payment (atonement) for our sinful nature (our turning away from a Holy God). God has provided that, through His Son Jesus Christ (John 3:16-17 & I Peter 2:22-25). It is the ultimate gift from God Himself (Romans 6:23). He provided a way for us to no longer be spiritually dead in our sinful nature, but to experience life - true life (Ephesians 2:1-9 & John 10:10). His love for us is greater than we could ever understand (I John 3:1)…and His love for us is what allows us to love Him back (I John 4:19).
God’s plan for you is that you would place your trust in Him and His way for life…that you would admit that you have acted in sin (in ways that are not pleasing to Him)…that you would believe that Jesus Christ did come to die for us and was raised again to life…and that you believe that He is God Almighty (Romans 10:9-10).
God has spoken all of this in His Word (Bible). We have complete confidence, trusting in the truth in Scripture. II Timothy 3:16-17 tells us that every part of the Word comes from God and is useful for us to live the life that God has called us to live.
We would love the opportunity to talk with you if you have any questions about giving your life to Christ. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions or concerns.
CBSM Annoucnements & Details
- Follow CBSM on Twitter (@CBSM)
- Follow Central Baptist Church on Twitter (@CBCDecatur)
- Follow Pastor Jeremy Albright on Twitter (@JeremyAlbright)
- Follow Pastor Dewain Clemons on Twitter (@fdcalabama)
**Check out our Schedule to see when these take place.